Tuesday 25 March 2014

Planning for the summer!


Though we have only just entered spring I cannot help but think about this summer, hopefully I stick to all my plans and not just sleep for two months, which is highly possible. 

The possibilities are endless of what I could do this summer but they are all subject to terms and conditions and my terms and conditions are if my bank account can suffer anymore damage. 

There will be a large difference between the dreams and reality of what my summer will be like. Those dreams consist of a shopping trip to New York, a casual holiday in Dubai and meeting Leonardo DiCaprio. 

Sadly the reality is, my shopping trip will be at Westfield shopping centre, which is not far from my house. My casual holiday will be a BBQ out the garden with the family and meeting Leonardo DiCaprio will be me buying a ticket to Madame Tussauds and taking a picture with a wax work version. When I think about it that does not sound bad at all. 

I do not take advantage of where I live, people from all over the country look forward to taking a trip to London to explore and see its attractions. I have all of this on my doorstep, there is so much for me to do, so thats my plan for the summer I am going to take advantage of where I live. I have lived in London for nineteen years and I still haven’t been on the London eye, even though I am slightly terrified by the height of it, that is just ridiculous.

One thing I am especially looking forward to is my flat mates are coming to visit and stay with me. I feel like it is my duty to represent London and show them all the best bits, which means dragging them to every place in London over two days. This could mean one day going to Brick Lane and Camden then taking them outside Buckingham Palace to wave at the Queens window, even though I am sure she does not know we are there but what the hell its one to tick of the bucket list I guess, if that is as ambitious as you are going to go on your bucket list.

I do not think I appreciated all the things I had in London until I moved to university but now I have two homes and live in two beautiful cities and I plan on making the most of both of them this summer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment