Wednesday 19 March 2014

The realisation that my time as a fresher is coming to an end

My wonderful flatmates and I 


So far I have loved every minute of university, it is completely different from what I expected. One thing for sure is that my first year is going too fast. I cannot quite believe that I have about two months left. It is not quite over thank god, I am trying to savour every last moment of being a fresher.

I feel like I have abided by all the rules of being a fresher and had a lot of fun, I am assuming this is why it has gone so fast, as they say ‘time flies when you are having fun’. I felt so apprehensive about beginning a new life at university as I had heard quite a few crazy stories of what to expect in your first year but I had nothing to worry about because now I want to do it all again.

I couldn’t be more excited about the next two years but there is an underlying and depressing feeling about never being a fresher again. Yes, I will be attending freshers week without fail in September as I now feel like I can do it properly this time. I am sure I will enjoy freshers week the second time round but I believe it won’t have the same feeling when I am a second year. 

If I were to give a piece of advice to future freshers it would be talk, talk to everyone. I am sure you have been told you are all in the same boat by your parents but you genuinely are. Guaranteed someone is just as nervous as you are and they want someone to say hello, it is not exactly like they are going to say leave me alone. Not only is freshers week about going out at night to a club or your Student Union but I would definitely recommend joining societies. I made such an effort to go to all the sign up days and freshers fairs and granted I wrote down my email on many societies lists but never seemed to follow through with going to many, which I highly regret. 

This first year at university has taught me so much and I now feel prepared to put what I have learnt into practice in my second year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment