Tuesday 4 March 2014

Just give the man an Oscar


Is it just me or am I not the only one that is furious Leonardo DiCaprio did not win an Oscar for the Wolf of Wall Street. Yet again a fantastic actor (fact not opinion) has given his audience a brilliant performance.
Everyone seems to say its fine because it is such an honour to even be nominated, sure but there is only so much one man can take. I start to get the feeling it has just become a running joke within the academy. Every year the internet explodes with fans sharing their anger as it is not enough to just shout at the TV screens nowadays.  The day Leo eventually gets his Oscar, I have a slight suspicion that the internet will actually explode.

 I am all for fun and jokes and some of the photos that have been spreading around the internet are hilarious. Regardless of all of this Leo still comes across as a humble gentleman and it does not seem to get him down. It was reported that he said: “I appreciate all nominations but I do not make movies to get awards, I do it because I love it.” Now isn’t that just lovely. 

I’m not sure if I have made it obvious as of yet but I am a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio. I mean it is not like I am unconditionally in love with him and that I hold a special place in my heart for him, who am I kidding of course I do!

I don’t think I can quite express my anger when I found out he did not win yet again without coming across slightly crazy. The only people that witnessed it were my wonderful flatmates who I apologise to for my daily Leo rants.

Now I understand it is only fair to give Oscars to other actors too but I feel like it's getting to the stage where the academy should be running out of excuses not to give him one.

I think my final statement on the matter is that not only does he deserve one for his great contribution and dedication to the film industry but he deserves an Oscar for his beautiful face.
Thank you and goodnight.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment